The natural stone your have purchased for your home or office is an investment that will give you many years of beautiful service. Stone is a natural product and simple care and maintenance will keep it looking beautiful. Here are some recommendations for routine care and cleaning:
There are a variety of Stone Cleaners on the market, Choose a reputable brand such as Superior Stone Care Series. They have a complete line of stone care products that can be ordered at www.superiorstoneproducts.com As with any cleaner, always follow manufacturer directions.
- Use a clean rag for best results
- Too much cleaner or soap may leave a film and cause streaks
- Do not use products that contain lemon, vinegar or other acids on the granite the high acid content may etch the surface
- Rinse the surface thoroughly after washing with the soap solution and dry with a soft cloth.
- Change the rinse water frequently.
- Do not use scouring powders or creams; these products contain abrasives that may scratch the surface.
Bath And Other Wet Areas
- Do dust surfaces frequently
- Do clean surfaces with mild detergent or stone soap
- Do thoroughly rinse and dry the surface after washing
- Do blot up spills immediately
- Don’t use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acids.
- Don’t use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub & tile cleaners.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
Don’t mix bleach and ammonia; this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas.